Norfolk State squared off with Coppin State on Saturday, January 19th and defeated the Eagles 75-68 in conference play. The Spartans got a double-double out of Brandon Goode with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Malcom Hawkins had a team-high 19 points and added four rebounds. Michael Murray finished with 17 points and nine rebounds for the Eagles. Norfolk State (10-10, 3-0 MEAC) gets Morgan State (4-9, 1-1 MEAC) on their home court on Monday, January 21st.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- Norfolk State started 10-10 during the 2007, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Coppin State extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 4 games.
- The Spartans have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- NSU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.9% field goal percentage.
- NSU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- This season Norfolk State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Rob Johnson has 11 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Brandon Goode has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Spartans set season highs for free throws made, rebounds, and steals.
- The last time NSU recorded at least 12 steals was Feb 06, 2012 against Maryland-Eastern Shore.
- NSU set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Malcom Hawkins has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Brandon Goode has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcom Hawkins had a career high with 4 steals.
- Brandon Goode recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Goode recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Coppin State Game Notes
- Andre Armstrong accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Zach Burnham accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Andre Armstrong has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Michael Murray has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Taariq Cephas set a career high with 6 assists.
- Zach Burnham recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Andre Armstrong's career.