(3-16, 0-9 away)
UNC Asheville 68
(9-10, 6-2 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 19, 2013
||D Robinson 20
||M Kessens 11
||L Woodhouse 11
||J Atkinson 17
||J Atkinson 11
||T Meyer 5
On Saturday, January 19th, North Carolina-Asheville held on to beat Longwood 68-65 in conference action. Jeremy Atkinson got a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs, earning a double-double. Will Weeks had 10 points and added six rebounds. Michael Kessens registered a double-double for the Lancers on 16 points and 11 rebounds. North Carolina-Asheville (9-10, 3-2 Big South) takes on Coastal Carolina (8-8, 3-2 Big South) on Wednesday, January 23rd at home.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 7 or more blocks.
- UNCA has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Jeremy Atkinson has 4 assists or more and 73% of the time (8-3) when D.J. Cunningham has 3 blocks or more.
- UNCA set a season low for turnovers.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- North Carolina-Asheville has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UNCA has a 14.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Jeremy Atkinson accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 7th of his career.
Longwood Game Notes
- This loss extended the Lancers losing streak to 9 games.
- Lucas Woodhouse recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- David Robinson accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Michael Kessens accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- David Robinson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Michael Kessens has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 19 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Lucas Woodhouse's career.
- Michael Kessens recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Kessens has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Kessens recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of David Robinson's career.
- David Robinson set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Tristan Carey has 4 straight double-digit point games.