Texas State 81
(5-14, 1-6 away)
Texas at San Antonio 78
(4-13, 1-6 home)
Venue: UTSA Convocation Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
|Texas at San Antonio
||J Wright 16
||J Wright 6
||V Jones 3
|Texas at San Antonio
||K Burrage 17
||J Hill 6
||M Hale III 3
Texas-San Antonio dropped a close one to Texas State 81-78 in overtime on Saturday, January 19th. The Roadrunners were led by Michael Hale III, who put up a career-high 31 points and nine rebounds. Kannon Burrage had 27 points and added five rebounds. Corey Stern got a double-double for the Bobcats on a season-high 18 points and 13 rebounds. Texas-San Antonio (4-12, 0-6 WAC) gets Seattle (6-10, 1-5 WAC) on the road on Thursday, January 24th.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- The last time UTSA started the season 4-13 was 2006.
- Texas-San Antonio has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Roadrunners have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 5-8.
- The Roadrunners have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-San Antonio has lost 27 close games.
- The Roadrunners have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 26.1% or worse.
- Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 0 or fewer blocks.
- Texas-San Antonio has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2% or better this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1% or better this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- The Roadrunners set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time UTSA recorded at least 42 rebounds was Feb 29, 2012 against Central Arkansas.
- UTSA set season lows for blocks and steals.
- Texas-San Antonio has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--UTSA has a -3.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Hale III recorded a team season high in points with 31.
- Kannon Burrage tallied a team season high in field goals made with 11 and field goals attempted with 26.
- Jordan Sims tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Michael Hale III accounted for 39.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Edrico McGregor and Michael Hale III) accounted for 45.2% of the rebounds.
- Michael Hale III has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Edrico McGregor has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Michael Hale III's career.
- Michael Hale III had career highs with 31 points, 10 field goals made, 9 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kannon Burrage's career.
- Kannon Burrage has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kannon Burrage had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- Edrico McGregor recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Edrico McGregor.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Larry Wilkins.
Texas State Game Notes
- The Bobcats won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas State has lost 28 close games.
- Corey Stern recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- Matt Staff tallied a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Reid Koenen and Corey Stern) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- Corey Stern accounted for 36.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Corey Stern recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Corey Stern recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Reid Koenen's career.
- Reid Koenen set career highs with 23 points, 7 field goals made, and 5 three-pointers.
- Joel Wright has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Staff set a career high with 4 blocks.
|-||Basil Brown II||3||0||0||1||0||0||0|
|A+||M. Hale III||44||31||9||5||0||0||3|