SE Louisiana 68
(5-11, 1-9 away)
Northwestern State 103
(11-6, 8-1 home)
Venue: Prather Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||B Fortenberry 12
||R Johnson 7
||B Fortenberry 2
||D Hicks 14
||J Hulbin 6
||J West 5
Northwestern State scored 33 points from behind the arc and easily defeated Southeastern Louisiana 103-68 in SLC play on Saturday, January 19th. The game lacked drama, as Northwestern State led 55-31 at the half and never allowed Southeastern Louisiana back in it. The Demons got a season-high 24 points from Shamir Davis, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Jalan West had 15 points and added seven assists. For the Lions, Onochie Ochie got a career-high 18 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Northwestern State (11-6, 5-2 SLC) welcomes Stephen F. Austin (15-1, 6-0 SLC).
Northwestern State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 12:53 left to go.
- The last time NSU started the season 11-6 was 2005.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NSU has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Demons have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 37 or more field goals made.
- NSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- NSU has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.3% field goal percentage.
- The Demons set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time NSU had a three-point percentage of 55.0% or higher was Feb 29, 2012 against Nicholls State.
- NSU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Demons have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NSU has a 25.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (25) than the starters (16).
- The bench recorded more points (63) than the starters (40).
- Shamir Davis has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- James Hulbin has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Shamir Davis's career.
- Shamir Davis has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Shamir Davis had career highs with 5 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
- DeQuan Hicks has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- James Hulbin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SELU has been on the losing end of 15 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Onochie Ochie and Dre Evans) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Brandon Fortenberry has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Roosevelt Johnson.