(11-7, 5-4 away)
(10-8, 9-3 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||J Pinkston 13
||M Yarou 5
||R Arcidiacono 3
||B Cotton 21
||L Henton 8
||V Council 6
Providence squared off with Villanova on Saturday, January 19th and held on to beat the Wildcats 69-66 in Big East action. Bryce Cotton recorded his fifth straight game with 20 points or more for the Friars, scoring a game-high 24 points in 39 minutes. Bryce Cotton led the Friars and put up a game-high 24 points in 39 minutes. Vincent Council had 15 points and added five assists. JayVaughn Pinkston finished with a team-high 20 points and four rebounds for the Wildcats. Providence (10-8, 2-4 Big East) welcomes Pittsburgh (15-4, 3-3 Big East) on Tuesday, January 22nd.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 10-8 during the 2002 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Friars have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Providence has won 20 close games.
- The Friars have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- PC has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 66 or fewer total points.
- PC has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 31.3% three-point percentage.
- The Friars set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time PC recorded at least 29 free throws made was Nov 22, 2011 against Southern University.
- PC set a season low for three-pointers.
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Friars came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--PC has a 11.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 18 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 5 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.
- Vincent Council has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Vincent Council.
Villanova Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova has lost 24 close games.
- This loss extended the Wildcats losing streak to 3 games.
- JayVaughn Pinkston accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (11).
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Daniel Ochefu.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of JayVaughn Pinkston's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for JayVaughn Pinkston.