On Saturday, January 19th, St. Francis (NY) won big against Fairleigh Dickinson 70-51 in NEC action. The Terriers got the win with a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds from Travis Nichols. Lowell Ulmer also had a solid game, scoring a career-high eight points and adding four rebounds. For the Knights, Kinu Rochford got five points and eight rebounds. St. Francis (NY) (8-9, 4-2 NEC) takes on Long Island (7-10, 2-3 NEC) on Thursday, January 24th on their home court.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:09 left to go.
- St. Francis (NY) started 8-9 during the 2011, 2010, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Terriers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- SFNY has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season St. Francis (NY) has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Travis Nichols has 15 points or more.
- The Terriers set a season high for rebounds.
- SFNY set a season low for blocks.
- The Terriers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--SFNY has a 2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Travis Nichols and Jalen Cannon) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- Travis Nichols has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 17 games this season.
- Jalen Cannon recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jalen Cannon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jalen Cannon recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 15th of his career.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes
- This loss extended the Knights losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Melquan Bolding and Sidney Sanders Jr.) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- Melquan Bolding has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Kinu Rochford has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Melquan Bolding has 5 straight double-digit point games.