On Saturday, January 19th, Boise State fell to Air Force 91-80 in conference play. Ryan Watkins earned a double-double in the loss with a career-high 24 points and 13 rebounds. Anthony Drmic was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 11 to get to 19 points overall. Michael Lyons finished with a sensational 37 points and six rebounds for the Falcons. Boise State (13-4, 1-2 MWC) takes on Fresno State (7-9, 1-2 MWC) on Wednesday, January 23rd at home.
Boise State Game Notes
- The last time BSU started the season 13-4 was 1998.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.4% or better this season, Boise State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 9 or more steals this season, Boise State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Ryan Watkins recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Watkins and Anthony Drmic) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Ryan Watkins accounted for 40.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Ryan Watkins's career.
- Ryan Watkins recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Ryan Watkins had career highs with 24 points and 10 field goals made.
- Anthony Drmic has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Anthony Drmic.
Air Force Game Notes
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 37 and field goals made with 13.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 40.6% of the team's points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons set career highs with 37 points and 13 field goals made.
- Mike Fitzgerald set a career high with 8 assists.