Boise State 80
(13-4, 5-3 away)
Air Force 91
(10-6, 8-1 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||D Marks 17
||R Watkins 7
||D Marks 3
||M Lyons 18
||M Lyons 4
||T Fletcher 4
Air Force squared off with Boise State on Saturday, January 19th and knocked off the Broncos 91-80 in conference play. The Falcons were led by Michael Lyons, who got a staggering 37 points plus six rebounds. Mike Fitzgerald had 17 points and added eight assists. Ryan Watkins got a double-double for the Broncos on a career-high 24 points and 13 rebounds. Air Force (9-6, 2-2 MWC) takes on New Orleans (4-11) on Wednesday, January 23rd on their home court.
Air Force Game Notes
- Air Force started 10-6 during the 2010, 2007, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- AF beat the spread by 14.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 31 or more field goals made.
- This season Air Force has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Taylor Broekhuis has 4 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Michael Lyons has 3 three-pointers or more.
- AF set a season low for blocks.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Air Force has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--AF has a 19.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 37 and field goals made with 13.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 40.6% of the team's points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons had career highs with 37 points and 13 field goals made.
- Mike Fitzgerald had a career high with 8 assists.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Ryan Watkins recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Watkins and Anthony Drmic) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Ryan Watkins accounted for 40.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Ryan Watkins's career.
- Ryan Watkins recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Ryan Watkins set career highs with 24 points and 10 field goals made.
- Anthony Drmic has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Anthony Drmic.