(2-16, 1-12 away)
McNeese State 74
(8-8, 7-2 home)
Venue: Burton Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||D Minor 10
||S Brown 9
||D Minor 3
||C McFerrin 18
||A Lewis 10
||K Hardy 8
On Saturday, January 19th, McNeese State turned the ball over just eight times and won big against Lamar 74-50 in conference action. It was a hard-fought battle in the first half, with McNeese State heading into halftime down 31-23. A solid surge in the second half, however, put Lamar away at the end. The Cowboys got the win with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds from Craig McFerrin. Kevin Hardy also had an excellent outing, scoring 13 points and adding eight assists (7 Reb 4 Stl). For the Cardinals, Stanford Brown got a team-high 10 points and nine rebounds. McNeese State (8-8, 2-4 SLC) gets Central Arkansas (6-10, 1-5 SLC) on the road on Thursday, January 24th.
McNeese State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:09 left to go.
- McNeese State started 8-8 during the 2007, 2001, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, MCNS has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Cowboys have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- McNeese State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 43.1% or better.
- McNeese State has won every game this season (4-0) after committing 8 or fewer turnovers.
- The Cowboys have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Cowboys came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--MCNS has a 11.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kevin Hardy recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Craig McFerrin and Kevin Hardy) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Austin Lewis and Desharick Guidry) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Hardy had career highs with 8 assists and 4 steals.
- Austin Lewis recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Lamar Game Notes
- This was the 8th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Lamar has been on the losing end of 23 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to 6 games.
- The top two rebounders (Stanford Brown and Amos Wilson) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 11 times in 18 games this season.
- Donley Minor has 3 straight double-digit point games.