Mississippi State 57
(7-9, 1-6 away)
(9-7, 8-3 home)
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||J Steele 11
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 2
||J McRae 13
||J Stokes 7
||T Golden 4
On Saturday, January 19th, Mississippi State was punished by Tennessee 72-57 in conference play. Fred Thomas put up 14 points and four rebounds in the Bulldogs loss. Gavin Ware got six points and added nine rebounds. Jarnell Stokes registered a double-double for the Volunteers with a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Mississippi State (7-9, 2-2 SEC) goes to Arkansas (11-6, 2-2 SEC) on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:19 left to go.
- The last time MState started the season 7-9 was 1996.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5% or worse.
- Mississippi State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.7% or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.2% or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- MState set a season low for steals.
- Mississippi State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Steele and Fred Thomas) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Colin Borchert) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Jalen Steele has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Craig Sword.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Gavin Ware.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Trae Golden recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Jarnell Stokes and Josh Richardson) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarnell Stokes and Armani Moore) accounted for 59.4% of the rebounds.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Jordan McRae has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- Armani Moore recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.