Eastern Kentucky 73
(15-4, 5-4 away)
Jacksonville State 62
(12-7, 5-3 home)
Venue: Pete Mathews Coliseum
2:30PM ET / 11:30AM PT, January 19, 2013
||M DiNunno 15
||T Johnson 4
||M DiNunno 4
||D Rackley 14
||R Boggs 5
||B Williams 3
On Saturday, January 19th, Jacksonville State was outshot 51%-31% by Eastern Kentucky and lost at home against the Colonels 73-62 in conference play. Tarvin Gaines earned a double-double in the loss with a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds. Ronnie Boggs had 11 points and added nine rebounds. For the Colonels, Corey Walden got a season-high 28 points and four assists. Jacksonville State (12-7, 4-4 OVC) hosts Austin Peay (5-14, 1-4 OVC) on Thursday, January 24th.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:14 left to go.
- Jacksonville State started 12-7 during the 2002 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Jacksonville State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Jacksonville State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Jacksonville State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Jacksonville State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- JSU set a season low for field goal percentage.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--JSU has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tarvin Gaines recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- Nick Cook tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- Brian Williams tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Tarvin Gaines and Brian Williams) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarvin Gaines and Ronnie Boggs) accounted for 54.0% of the rebounds.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Tarvin Gaines recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarvin Gaines has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Tarvin Gaines recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Tarvin Gaines had career highs with 11 rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds.
- Brian Williams has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Williams had a career high with 4 steals.
- Nick Cook had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- Corey Walden recorded a team season high in points with 28 and free throws made with 10.
- Corey Walden accounted for 38.3% of the team's points.
- Corey Walden has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Corey Walden's career.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Mike DiNunno's career.
- Mike DiNunno has 9 straight double-digit point games.