Missouri State 66
(5-14, 1-9 away)
(12-7, 9-3 home)
Venue: Carver Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||A Downing 14
||K Pickens 4
||A Downing 2
||W Lemon Jr. 13
||T Pickett 5
||W Lemon Jr. 3
Missouri State forced only nine turnovers and let one slip to Bradley 69-66 in conference play on Saturday, January 19th. The game looked like it could be a blowout early, with Bradley up 35-20 at the half, but Missouri State came out of the locker room and played much better, though they couldn't salvage the win. The Bears were paced by Marcus Marshall, who put up 13 points and five assists. Anthony Downing had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Braves, Walt Lemon Jr. got a game-high 20 points and four rebounds. Missouri State (5-14, 3-4 The Valley) gets Wichita State (16-2, 5-1 The Valley) on their home court on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Missouri State Game Notes
- MSU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri State has lost 33 close games.
- Missouri State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- Missouri State has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Missouri State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Missouri State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better this season, Missouri State has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- The Bears set a season high for turnovers.
- Gavin Thurman has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Gavin Thurman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Braves won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Bradley has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Walt Lemon Jr. and Dyricus Simms-Edwards) accounted for 53.6% of the points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Jake Eastman has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Will Egolf set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
|A||Walt Lemon Jr.||35||20||4||4||2||0||4|