Missouri State 66
(5-14, 1-9 away)
(12-7, 9-3 home)
Venue: Carver Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||A Downing 14
||K Pickens 4
||A Downing 2
||W Lemon Jr. 13
||T Pickett 5
||W Lemon Jr. 3
Bradley turned the ball over only nine times and narrowly beat Missouri State 69-66 in conference play on Saturday, January 19th. Bradley was up 35-20 at the half, but Missouri State made a run in the second half and got close. The Braves were led by Walt Lemon Jr., who put up a game-high 20 points plus four rebounds. Will Egolf had 11 points and added two rebounds. For the Bears, Marcus Marshall got 13 points and five assists. Next up for Bradley (12-7, 4-3 The Valley) is Evansville (11-7, 4-2 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 23rd on the road.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley started 12-7 during the 2005, 2000, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Braves have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Bradley has won 26 close games.
- The Braves have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 69 or more total points.
- Bradley has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 46.3% or better.
- BU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- BU has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 44.4% field goal percentage.
- This season Bradley has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Will Egolf has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Jake Eastman plays 33 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Dyricus Simms-Edwards has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Braves set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Braves have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--BU has a 10.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Walt Lemon Jr. and Dyricus Simms-Edwards) accounted for 53.6% of the points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Jake Eastman has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Walt Lemon Jr.'s career.
- Will Egolf had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Missouri State Game Notes
- The Bears have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri State has lost 33 close games.
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to 3 games.
- Gavin Thurman has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Gavin Thurman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Walt Lemon Jr.||35||20||4||4||2||0||4|