East Tennessee State got a road victory against Kennesaw State 70-60 in Atlantic Sun action in a game where they shot 63% from the floor. The Buccaneers were led by Jarvis Jones, who put up 15 points plus six assists. Lester Wilson had a game-high 19 points and added five rebounds. Aaron Anderson registered a double-double for the Owls with a team-high 13 points and 14 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 24th when East Tennessee State (5-14, 3-3 Atlantic Sun) welcomes Jacksonville (10-10, 5-2 Atlantic Sun).
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:11 left to go.
- The last time ETSU started the season 5-14 was 1996.
- The Buccaneers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- ETSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.3% field goal percentage.
- ETSU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Buccaneers set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time ETSU had a field goal percentage of 63.2% or higher was Nov 20, 2004 against Virginia-Wise.
- ETSU set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Lester Wilson and Jarvis Jones) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- Lester Wilson has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Jones had career highs with 4 three-pointers and 6 assists.
Kennesaw State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to 4 games.
- Aaron Anderson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- Aaron Anderson accounted for 45.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron Anderson has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 14 times in 19 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron Anderson recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 20th of his career.
- Aaron Anderson set a career high with 8 offensive rebounds.
- Markeith Cummings has 7 straight double-digit point games.