West Virginia was crushed by Purdue 79-52 on a day when they shot only 29%. The Mountaineers were led by Aaron Brown, who put up a season-high seven points and two rebounds. Eron Harris scored 10 points and added five rebounds. D.J. Byrd got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds for the Boilermakers. Next up for West Virginia (8-9, 1-3 Big 12) is TCU (9-9, 0-5 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 23rd on their home court.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:30 left to go.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2% or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 13 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- Kevin Noreen has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Gary Browne had a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Aaric Murray.
Purdue Game Notes
- The top two scorers (D.J. Byrd and Rapheal Davis) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- D.J. Byrd has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- D.J. Byrd has 3 straight double-digit point games.