(7-9, 3-3 away)
South Carolina 51
(11-6, 8-4 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 19, 2013
||K Johnson 15
||K Bright 6
||K Johnson 3
||B Williams 12
||L Jackson 7
||E Smith 3
On an afternoon when they shot just 24%, South Carolina lost in front of the home crowd against Vanderbilt 58-51 in conference play. Lakeem Jackson put up six points and 10 rebounds in the Gamecocks loss. Brenton Williams had 16 points and added two rebounds. For the Commodores, Kevin Bright got eight points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 22nd when South Carolina (11-6, 1-3 SEC) heads to 17th-ranked Missouri (12-4, 2-2 SEC).
South Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:04 left to go.
- South Carolina started 11-6 during the 2009, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.2% or better this season, South Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Gamecocks set a season high for steals.
- USC set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, total points, and turnovers.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--USC has a 4.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brenton Williams accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Lakeem Jackson accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Brenton Williams has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bruce Ellington.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Kyle Fuller has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Kyle Fuller set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Kedren Johnson set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.