(7-9, 3-3 away)
South Carolina 51
(11-6, 8-4 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 19, 2013
||K Johnson 15
||K Bright 6
||K Johnson 3
||B Williams 12
||L Jackson 7
||E Smith 3
On an afternoon when the Gamecocks shot just 24% from the floor, Vanderbilt got a victory on the road against South Carolina 58-51 in conference play. Kevin Bright led the Commodores and put up eight points plus seven rebounds. Sheldon Jeter had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Lakeem Jackson got six points and 10 rebounds. Vanderbilt (7-9, 1-3 SEC) takes on Auburn (8-8, 2-1 SEC) on Wednesday, January 23rd on their home court.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:04 left to go.
- Vandy beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- Vanderbilt has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- The Commodores have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Vandy has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- This season Vanderbilt has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Kyle Fuller has 12 points or more.
- The Commodores set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Vandy recorded at least 20 free throws made was Mar 15, 2012 against Harvard.
- Vandy set a season low for steals.
- Vanderbilt has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 11 games.
- Kyle Fuller has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Kyle Fuller had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Kedren Johnson had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
South Carolina Game Notes
- South Carolina lost and did not cover the spread.
- Brenton Williams accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Lakeem Jackson accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Brenton Williams has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bruce Ellington.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.