On Saturday, January 19th, Xavier defeated La Salle 70-63 in A-10 play. Travis Taylor put on a show for the Musketeers and got nine points and 12 rebounds. Semaj Christon also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding five assists. Jerrell Wright got eight points and eight rebounds for the Explorers. Xavier (11-6, 4-0 A-10) heads to Charlotte (15-2, 3-0 A-10) on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Xavier Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:46 left to go.
- The last time XU started the season 11-6 was 1999.
- The win over La Salle extended the Xavier winning streak to 4 games.
- XU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 70 or more total points.
- XU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Xavier has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Jeff Robinson has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Semaj Christon has 8 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (7-0) when Brad Redford has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Musketeers set season highs for blocks and steals.
- The last time XU recorded at least 9 blocks was Nov 15, 2011 against IPFW.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Xavier has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--XU has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Semaj Christon and Brad Redford) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- Brad Redford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Semaj Christon has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor had a career high with 12 rebounds.
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Tyrone Garland and Ramon Galloway) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jerrell Wright and Ramon Galloway) accounted for 48.2% of the rebounds.
- Tyrone Garland has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Tyrone Garland has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jerrell Wright.