|Illinois State||J Carmichael 17.9||J Carmichael 8.9||K Keane 4.2|
|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 17.0||J Early 7.7||K Brown-Surles 2.5|
Illinois State visits SIU Arena on Sunday to take on Southern Illinois. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Redbirds are 5-4 against the Salukis over the last four years. They won 60-40 on 1/28/2012 the last time they played.
Southern Illinois and Illinois State are close together in the conference, holding down the 9th and 10th spots, respectively.
The Redbirds fell 74-62 to Wichita State on January 16th. Jackie Carmichael finished with 22 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in points with 17.9 per game, rebounds with 8.9 per game, and blocks with 2.0 per game. The Salukis were defeated by Bradley 69-66 on January 15th despite 21 points and 6 rebounds from Desmar Jackson. He leads the team in points with 17.0 per game and steals with 2.0 per game.
In terms of team stats, Illinois State has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Redbirds have an edge over the Salukis, 76 points per game to 67 points per game.
Southern Illinois StatSmack
- The Illinois State scoring leader (Jackie Carmichael) has more points than the Southern Illinois scoring leader (Desmar Jackson).
- It's only wins and losses, but Illinois State has a better overall record than Southern Illinois this season (9-4 vs 7-5).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Illinois State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (973 to 908) than Southern Illinois, per the NCAA.
- Illinois State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Illinois State is 76.6 inches compared to 74.1 inches for Southern Illinois.
- Bryant Allen is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers and 8th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- The Illinois State assist leader (Kaza Keane) has more assists than the Southern Illinois assist leader (Desmar Jackson).
- At least you keep showing up. Illinois State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Southern Illinois in 31 wins since 1981.
- The Illinois State blocks leader (Jackie Carmichael) has more blocks than the Southern Illinois blocks leader (Dantiel Daniels).
- Jackie Carmichael is ranked 49th nationally in points, 1st in the Missouri Valley in rebounds, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- Illinois State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (80.5 per game vs 67.2 per game) than Southern Illinois this season.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||30||10||3||2||1||0||2|