On Saturday, January 19th, Virginia Tech escaped Wake Forest 66-65 in conference action. Cadarian Raines played brilliantly for the Hokies and put up eight points plus 13 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Jarell Eddie had 18 points and added nine rebounds. Travis McKie registered a double-double for the Demon Deacons on a team-high 20 points and 15 rebounds. Virginia Tech (11-6, 2-2 ACC) takes on Virginia (11-5, 1-2 ACC) on Thursday, January 24th at home.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech started 11-6 during the 2011, 2007, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Hokies have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Virginia Tech has won 33 close games.
- Virginia Tech has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.0% or better.
- The Hokies have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- VT has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- VT has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Virginia Tech has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Cadarian Raines has 4 field goals made or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Erick Green has 5 free throws made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Jarell Eddie has 3 three-pointers or more.
- VT set a season low for free throws made.
- Virginia Tech has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Hokies came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--VT has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erick Green accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Cadarian Raines accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 17 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Cadarian Raines recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cadarian Raines had career highs with 13 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- The Demon Deacons have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wake Forest has lost 16 close games.
- Travis McKie accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Travis McKie accounted for 34.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis McKie has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Travis McKie's career.
- Travis McKie has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis McKie recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 16th of his career.
- Travis McKie set career highs with 4 three-pointers and 15 rebounds.