Wake Forest 65
(9-8, 1-6 away)
Virginia Tech 66
(11-6, 9-3 home)
Venue: Cassell Coliseum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||T McKie 15
||T McKie 8
||C Miller-McIntyre 2
||E Green 24
||C Raines 6
||E Green 4
Wake Forest faced off with Virginia Tech on Saturday, January 19th and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Hokies 66-65 in conference play. The Demon Deacons got a double-double out of Travis McKie with a team-high 20 points and 15 rebounds. Devin Thomas also contributed, scoring 12 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Hokies, Cadarian Raines got eight points and 13 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Next up for Wake Forest (9-8, 2-3 ACC) is 14th-ranked NC State (14-3, 3-1 ACC) on Tuesday, January 22nd at home.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- The last time WFU started the season 9-8 was 2006.
- WFU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- The Demon Deacons have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wake Forest has lost 16 close games.
- Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 4 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.0% or better this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- The Demon Deacons set a season high for rebounds.
- WFU set season lows for blocks, free throws made, steals, and turnovers.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Demon Deacons opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Travis McKie accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Travis McKie accounted for 34.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis McKie has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Travis McKie's career.
- Travis McKie has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis McKie recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 16th of his career.
- Travis McKie had career highs with 4 three-pointers and 15 rebounds.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Hokies won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Tech has lost 36 close games.
- Erick Green accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Cadarian Raines accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 15 times in 17 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Cadarian Raines recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cadarian Raines set career highs with 13 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
|C+||A. Adala Moto||21||6||6||0||0||0||2|
|C||A. Roundtree III||6||0||2||1||0||0||0|
|C||J. van Zegeren||21||5||2||0||0||1||2|