|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.0||B Averkamp 6.2||C Payne 4.6|
|Chicago State||M Ross 10.2||M Ross 6.9||J Dismukes 2.9|
Loyola (Chicago) travels to Jones Convocation Center on Sunday to take on Chicago State. It gets started at 8:05 EST and you can catch it on Lakeshore Public TV. The Ramblers last played the Cougars on 12/17/2011 and won 64-49. Loyola (Chicago) has lost four games straight.
In their last game, Christian Thomas put up 16 points and 6 rebounds in the Ramblers 61-59 loss to UIC on January 16th. He contributes 5.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.8 points per game. For the Cougars, Quinton Pippen finished with 19 points in the 81-56 blowout of Houston Baptist on January 19th. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.8 points per game.
Chicago State StatSmack
- Loyola allows fewer rebounds (31.1 allowed per game vs 37.3 allowed per game) than Chicago State this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Loyola has an average margin of victory of 12 over Chicago State in 8 wins since 1986.
- Loyola players are more experienced than Chicago State players (9,264 minutes played vs 6,201 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 893) than Chicago State, per the NCAA.
- The Loyola assist leader (Cully Payne) has more assists than the Chicago State assist leader (Jamere Dismukes).
- The Loyola scoring leader (Ben Averkamp) has more points than the Chicago State scoring leader (Matt Ross).
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Loyola has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Chicago State this season (Projected SOS Rank: #179 vs #235).
- Even computers respect Loyola more. We have a better RPI this season than Chicago State (RPI: #114 vs #292).
- Loyola embarrassed Chicago State by 15 points the last time they played (Dec 17, 2011).
- The Loyola blocks leader (Ben Averkamp) has more blocks than the Chicago State blocks leader (Matt Ross).
- You get an A for effort, but Loyola has emerged victorious against Chicago State the last 2 times they've played.