(4-15, 1-9 away)
(12-7, 8-1 home)
Venue: Koessler Athletic Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||O Anosike 13
||O Anosike 11
||E Hymes 3
||B Baron 16
||C Manhertz 8
||B Baron 5
On an afternoon when they turned the ball over only four times, Canisius punished Siena 76-44 in conference play. The game was never close, with Canisius leading 42-19 at the half. With the win, the Golden Griffins are now 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Chris Manhertz got 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Golden Griffins, earning a double-double. Isaac Sosa also had an outstanding outing, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding three rebounds. O.D Anosike got eight points and nine rebounds for the Saints. Canisius (12-7, 5-3 MAAC) heads to Rider (10-9, 5-2 MAAC) on Friday, January 25th.
Canisius Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:30 left to go.
- Canisius beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Golden Griffins have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Canisius has been on the winning end of 9 blowout games.
- The Golden Griffins have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Canisius has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- Canisius has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Canisius has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Alshwan Hymes has 11 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Chris Manhertz has 11 rebounds or more.
- The Golden Griffins set season highs for field goals made and steals.
- The last time Canisius recorded at least 13 steals was Jan 22, 2012 against Rider.
- Canisius set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Canisius has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chris Manhertz recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manhertz and Jordan Heath) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Isaac Sosa has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 19 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Manhertz recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 6th of his career.
Siena Game Notes
- Siena lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Siena has been on the losing end of 9 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Rich Audu and O.D Anosike) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 19 games this season.