Iowa State 63
(12-4, 1-4 away)
Venue: Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, January 19, 2013
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
||K Anderson 11
||A McKinney 6
||K Anderson 3
Iowa State squared off with TCU on Saturday, January 19th and won on the road against the Horned Frogs 63-50 in conference play. The Cyclones got a double-double out of Melvin Ejim with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Percy Gibson had four points and added six rebounds. For the Horned Frogs, Devonta Abron finished with a team-high 10 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 23rd when Iowa State (13-4, 3-1 Big 12) goes to Texas Tech (8-7, 1-3 Big 12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- Iowa State started 12-4 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- ISU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- ISU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Iowa State has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Will Clyburn has 12 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Melvin Ejim has 4 field goals made or more, and 90% of the time (9-1) when Korie Lucious has 5 assists or more.
- ISU set season lows for blocks, free throws made, steals, and total points.
- The top two scorers (Tyrus McGee and Will Clyburn) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melvin Ejim has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 15th of his career.
- Melvin Ejim had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Will Clyburn has 5 straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- TCU lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Horned Frogs losing streak to 4 games.
- Devonta Abron has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Garlon Green has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
|B||N. Butler Lind||25||6||5||1||2||1||0|
|C||Clyde Smith III||12||4||0||0||2||0||1|
|C||C. Hill Jr.||37||10||1||0||0||0||3|