On Saturday, January 19th, Campbell took on Winthrop and beat the Eagles 63-59 in conference play. Trey Freeman played brilliantly for the Fighting Camels and put up a game-high 24 points plus five rebounds. Marvelle Harris had nine points and added eight rebounds. Joab Jerome finished with a team-high 16 points and four rebounds for the Eagles. Campbell (9-10, 4-1 Big South) takes on Radford (7-10, 2-2 Big South) on Wednesday, January 23rd on their home court.
Campbell Game Notes
- Campbell started 9-10 during the 2006 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Fighting Camels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Campbell has won 19 close games.
- The Fighting Camels have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 8 or more steals.
- Campbell has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 51.1% or better.
- Campbell has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer assists.
- Campbell has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 39.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Campbell has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Darius Leonard has 10 points or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Marvelle Harris plays 33 minutes or more.
- The Fighting Camels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Campbell has a 7.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Freeman accounted for 38.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvelle Harris and Darius Leonard) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Trey Freeman has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Trey Freeman's career.
- Trey Freeman has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Winthrop Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and James Bourne) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Larry Brown has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Joab Jerome set career highs with 16 points and 7 field goals made.