(9-6, 3-5 away)
(14-3, 11-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT, January 19, 2013
||W Saunders 16
||J Travis 4
||S Chambers 5
||J Jackson 13
||D Stephens 6
||J Jackson 4
Memphis beat Harvard 60-50 on Saturday, January 19th. The Tigers got the win with 11 points and eight rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl) from Shaq Goodwin. D.J. Stephens also had a strong showing, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Crimson, Kenyatta Smith finished with two points and five rebounds. The Tigers are on a five-game win streak. Memphis (14-3, 3-0 C-USA) gets Tulane (12-5, 0-2 C-USA) on their home court on Tuesday, January 22nd.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis started 14-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Harvard extended the Memphis winning streak to 8 games.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- Memphis has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0% or better.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 93% of the time (14-1) when Joe Jackson has 10 points or more, 89% of the time (8-1) when Shaq Goodwin has 4 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when D.J. Stephens has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Memphis has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Memphis has a 13.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joe Jackson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Shaq Goodwin has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Harvard Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Wesley Saunders and Steve Moundou-Missi) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Steve Moundou-Missi and Wesley Saunders) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (10).
- Wesley Saunders has led the team in scoring 8 times in 15 games this season.
- Steve Moundou-Missi has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Wesley Saunders has 15 straight double-digit point games.