(7-10, 2-7 away)
(9-10, 6-4 home)
Venue: John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||D Henry 11
||L Brown 6
||J Jerome 2
||D White 21
||D White 7
||T Freeman 6
Winthrop faced off with Campbell on Saturday, January 19th and dropped one to the Fighting Camels 63-59 in conference play. The Eagles were led by Joab Jerome, who got a team-high 16 points and four rebounds. Larry Brown scored two points and added six rebounds. For the Fighting Camels, Trey Freeman finished with a game-high 24 points and five rebounds. Winthrop (7-10, 1-4 Big South) gets Gardner-Webb (10-8, 2-2 Big South) on their home court on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Winthrop Game Notes
- The last time Winthrop started the season 7-10 was 2010.
- Winthrop has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- The Eagles have lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.1% or better this season, Winthrop has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Winthrop has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 8 or more steals this season, Winthrop has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Winthrop set a season low for blocks.
- Winthrop has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and James Bourne) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Larry Brown has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Joab Jerome had career highs with 16 points and 7 field goals made.
Campbell Game Notes
- The Fighting Camels won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Campbell has lost 23 close games.
- Trey Freeman accounted for 38.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvelle Harris and Darius Leonard) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Trey Freeman has led the team in scoring 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Trey Freeman's career.
- Trey Freeman has 5 straight double-digit point games.