Virginia Military 49
(9-8, 2-7 away)
Coastal Carolina 72
(8-8, 7-2 home)
Venue: Kimbel Arena
11:00AM ET / 8:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||S Okoye 20
||S Okoye 9
||R Glasgow 4
||R Trapps 27
||R Trapps 8
||K Greenwood 4
Coastal Carolina easily got by Virginia Military Institute 72-49 in conference action on Saturday, January 19th. The first half was competitive, with Coastal Carolina holding a 27-23 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. The Chanticleers were led by Anthony Raffa, who got a game-high 21 points plus five rebounds. Badou Diagne also had a good game, scoring nine points and adding nine rebounds. Stan Okoye recorded a double-double for the Keydets with a team-high 16 points and 12 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). This makes three wins in a row for the Chanticleers. Next up for Coastal Carolina (8-8, 3-2 Big South) is North Carolina-Asheville (8-10, 2-2 Big South) on Wednesday, January 23rd on the road.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- Coastal Carolina started 8-8 during the 2005, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, CCAR has been on the winning end of 37 blowout games.
- The Chanticleers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- CCAR has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- This season Coastal Carolina has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Warren Gillis has 12 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Anthony Raffa has 8 field goals made or more.
- The Chanticleers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Coastal Carolina has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Raffa and Warren Gillis) accounted for 45.8% of the points.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Anthony Raffa's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Warren Gillis.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, VMI has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 32.6% of the team's points.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Stan Okoye recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stan Okoye has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Stan Okoye recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 29th of his career.