On Saturday, January 19th, St. John's took on DePaul and won on the road versus the Blue Demons 71-62 in conference play. D`Angelo Harrison played well for the Red Storm and got 15 points plus eight rebounds. Sir`Dominic Pointer played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Jamee Crockett finished with a season-high 19 points and four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). St. John's (11-7, 3-3 Big East) takes on Rutgers (12-4, 3-2 Big East) on Wednesday, January 23rd on the road.
St. John's Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:25 left to go.
- St. John's started 11-7 during the 2010, 2002, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- SJU beat the spread by 12.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Red Storm have beaten the spread.
- The Red Storm have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- SJU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.7% field goal percentage.
- SJU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season St. John's has won 73% of the time (8-3) when JaKarr Sampson has 5 rebounds or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when D`Angelo Harrison has 3 steals or more.
- The Red Storm set season highs for steals and turnovers.
- The last time SJU recorded at least 13 steals was Dec 27, 2011 against Providence.
- SJU set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Red Storm have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- St. John's has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jamal Branch and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sir`Dominic Pointer and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer had career highs with 11 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to 3 games.
- Jamee Crockett accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Young and Cleveland Melvin) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jamee Crockett.
- Jamee Crockett set a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Brandon Young recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Young set career highs with 10 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.