St John's 71
(11-7, 3-3 away)
(10-8, 6-7 home)
Venue: Allstate Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||D Harrison 19
||J Sampson 6
||P Greene IV 2
||C Melvin 17
||C Melvin 7
||B Young 4
On Saturday, January 19th, DePaul got beat at home by St. John's 71-62 in conference play. The Blue Demons were led by Jamee Crockett, who put up a season-high 19 points and four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Cleveland Melvin also had a solid game, scoring 16 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Red Storm, D`Angelo Harrison got 15 points and eight rebounds. Next up for DePaul (10-8, 1-4 Big East) is Pittsburgh (15-4, 3-3 Big East) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
DePaul Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:25 left to go.
- DePaul started 10-8 during the 2011 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- DePaul has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- The Blue Demons have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 20.0% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2% or better this season, DePaul has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- DePaul set a season low for blocks.
- The Blue Demons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--DePaul has a 5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jamee Crockett accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Young and Cleveland Melvin) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jamee Crockett.
- Jamee Crockett had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Brandon Young recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Young had career highs with 10 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
St. John's Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamal Branch and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sir`Dominic Pointer and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer set career highs with 11 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||Phil Greene IV||13||0||0||2||1||0||1|
|C||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||4||0||0||0||0|