(12-5, 2-2 away)
(15-4, 13-2 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 19, 2013
||S Napier 16
||D Daniels 4
||R Boatright 4
||T Zanna 11
||S Adams 6
||T Woodall 5
On Saturday, January 19th, Pittsburgh came out on top against Connecticut 69-61 in conference play. The Panthers got the win with a team-high 14 points (5 Ast 3 Stl) from Lamar Patterson in 30 minutes. Dante Taylor had six points and added seven rebounds. For the Huskies, Ryan Boatright got a game-high 20 points and six assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). Pittsburgh (15-4, 3-3 Big East) gets Providence (9-8, 1-4 Big East) on the road on Tuesday, January 22nd.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh started 15-4 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9% or better.
- The Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (14-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time (8-0) when Tray Woodall has 13 points or more, 80% of the time (12-3) when Talib Zanna has 5 rebounds or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Lamar Patterson has 5 assists or more.
- The Panthers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 19 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 20.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Steven Adams and Dante Taylor) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Steven Adams has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
Connecticut Game Notes
- Ryan Boatright accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Niels Giffey and Tyler Olander) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Boatright has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Niels Giffey has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Ryan Boatright's career.
- Ryan Boatright has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Niels Giffey set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Tyler Olander set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.