Loyola (IL) 61
(6-3, 1-2 away)
(19) Michigan State 73
(8-2, 7-0 home)
Venue: Breslin Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, December 08, 2012
||B Averkamp 17
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
||K Appling 14
||A Payne 7
||K Appling 4
On Saturday, December 8th, Loyola (Chicago) was edged by No. 19 Michigan State 73-61. The Ramblers got a good effort from Ben Averkamp, who put up a game-high 25 points and eight rebounds. Cully Payne had nine points and added seven assists. Adreian Payne registered a double-double for the Spartans with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Loyola (Chicago) (6-3, 0-0 Horizon) is Mississippi State (3-5, 0-0 SEC) on Saturday, December 15th at home.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:07 left to go.
- The last time LCU started the season 6-3 was 2006.
- LCU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, LCU played 7 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 1-6.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 43.8% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 22 or more field goals made this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- LCU set season lows for blocks and field goal percentage.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Ramblers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Ben Averkamp accounted for 40.9% of the team's points.
- Ben Averkamp has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 9 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Ben Averkamp's career.
- Ben Averkamp has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben Averkamp had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
Michigan State Game Notes
- Michigan State won, but did not cover the spread.
- Gary Harris recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Gary Harris and Adreian Payne) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- Adreian Payne accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Gary Harris has led the team in scoring 3 times in 10 games this season.
- Adreian Payne has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 10 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Gary Harris's career.
- Gary Harris has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Branden Dawson set a career high with 4 blocks.
- Adreian Payne recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adreian Payne recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.