Entering the game as an 11-point favorite, No. 1 Indiana was upset by Butler 88-86 in overtime. The Hoosiers were led by Cody Zeller, who put up a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Victor Oladipo had 18 points and added four assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Roosevelt Jones recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs with a season-high 16 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Indiana (9-1, 0-0 Big Ten) is Mount St. Mary's (4-4, 0-0 NEC) on Wednesday, December 19th at home.
Indiana Game Notes
- Indiana started 9-1 during the 2007, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Indiana has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Hoosiers have played in 8 overtime games with a record of 4-4.
- The Hoosiers set a season high for steals.
- The last time IU recorded at least 13 steals was Dec 04, 2011 against Stetson.
- IU set season lows for field goal percentage and three-pointers.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Indiana has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Hoosiers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Cody Zeller recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 10 games this season.
- Victor Oladipo has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Sheehey has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Butler Game Notes
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12, defensive rebounds with 9, and assists with 7.
- The top two rebounders (Roosevelt Jones and Andrew Smith) accounted for 52.5% of the rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring 7 times in 10 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 10 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Jones recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 5th of his career.
- Roosevelt Jones set career highs with 12 rebounds, 9 defensive rebounds, and 7 assists.
- Andrew Smith has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Andrew Smith.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Erik Fromm.