Clemson vs. NC State: Full Game Preview
|Clemson||D Booker 12.1||D Booker 8.1||R Hall 3.9|
|NC State||C Leslie 16.0||R Howell 10.5||L Brown 6.9|
No. 14 NC State plays host to Clemson at PNC Arena on Sunday. It gets started at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Wolfpack are 2-4 against the Tigers over the last four years. They fell 72-69 on 2/25/2012, the last time they met.
Clemson is in 5th place in the conference and NC State is in 2nd place.
In their last match-up on January 16th, Lorenzo Brown put up 17 points and 8 rebounds for the Wolfpack in a loss to Maryland, 51-50. He paces the team in assists per game with 6.9, and steals per game with 2.1. In a 60-44 blowout of Wake Forest on January 15th, K.J. McDaniels put up 14 points and 9 rebounds for the Tigers. He leads the team in blocks with 2.3 per game and steals with 1.4 per game.
NC State has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Wolfpack have an edge over the Tigers, 79 points per game to 64 points per game.
- NC State is a better shooting team (53.5% vs 45.9%) than Clemson this season.
- NC State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on NC State is 78.2 inches compared to 76.5 inches for Clemson.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? NC State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 953) than Clemson, per the NCAA.
- NC State is a better three-point shooting team (39.3% vs 33.0%) than Clemson this season.
- We make our fans proud. NC State has a better record at home than Clemson this season (8-0 vs 4-2).
- C.J. Leslie is ranked 3rd in the ACC in points and 7th in the ACC in rebounds.
- The NC State three-point leader (Scott Wood) has more three-pointers than the Clemson three-point leader (K.J. McDaniels).
- The NC State steals leader (Lorenzo Brown) has more steals than the Clemson steals leader (K.J. McDaniels).
- Lorenzo Brown is ranked 15th nationally in assists and 16th nationally in steals.
- NC State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (81.5 per game vs 66.7 per game) than Clemson this season.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|