|Drake||B Simons 14.7||J Clarke 7.0||R Carter 3.9|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.5||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.4|
On Sunday, Drake heads to McLeod Center to take on Northern Iowa. Tip-off occurs at 3:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs are 2-7 against the Panthers over the last four years. They fell 66-52 on 1/22/2012, the last time they met.
This game will separate Northern Iowa and Drake, who currently share 7th place in the Missouri Valley.
In their last match-up, Chris Hines finished with 21 points in the Bulldogs 83-69 victory over Evansville on January 16th. He is averaging 10.3 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. For the Panthers, Anthony James finished with 25 points and 6 rebounds in the 79-68 loss to Creighton on January 15th. His 12.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Northern Iowa StatSmack
- Seth VanDeest is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Drake is better under pressure, and has defeated Northern Iowa in 7 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Ben Simons is ranked 5th in the Missouri Valley in points and 1st in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers.
- The Drake rebounding leader (Jordan Clarke) has more rebounds than the Northern Iowa rebounding leader (Jake Koch).
- The Drake scoring leader (Ben Simons) has more points than the Northern Iowa scoring leader (Deon Mitchell).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Drake has come back to win after being down at half against Northern Iowa 6 times since 1998.
- Jordan Clarke is ranked 3rd in the Missouri Valley in rebounds.
- The Drake three-point leader (Ben Simons) has more three-pointers than the Northern Iowa three-point leader (Marc Sonnen).
- Richard Carter is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Drake currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (977 to 970) than Northern Iowa, per the NCAA.
- Drake is a better three-point shooting team (41.0% vs 35.9%) than Northern Iowa this season.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||16||4||1||1||0||0||1|