|Clemson||D Booker 12.1||D Booker 8.1||R Hall 3.9|
|NC State||C Leslie 16.0||R Howell 10.5||L Brown 6.9|
On Sunday, Clemson travels to PNC Arena to take on No. 14 NC State. It gets started at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Tigers are 4-2 against the Wolfpack over the last four years. They won 72-69 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
NC State is in 2nd place in the conference and Clemson is in 5th place.
In their last match-up, K.J. McDaniels finished with 14 points and 9 rebounds in the Tigers 60-44 blowout of Wake Forest on January 15th. He leads the team with 2.3 blocks per game and 1.4 steals per game. For the Wolfpack, Lorenzo Brown finished with 17 points and 8 rebounds in the 51-50 loss to Maryland on January 16th. With 6.9 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
NC State has a statistical edge over Clemson in a single key area, scoring, where the Wolfpack have the upper hand over the Tigers, 79 points per game to 64 points per game. Areas of strength for NC State include: effective field goal percentage at 56.1 and free throw rate at 43.5.
NC State StatSmack
- Clemson has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.636 to 0.585).
- We just win. Clemson has more wins over the last 5 years than NC State (113 vs 101).
- Clemson has a better scoring defense (55.4 allowed per game vs 69.5 allowed per game) than NC State this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Clemson and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than NC State (53 vs 46).
- At least you keep showing up. Clemson has an average margin of victory of 8 over NC State in 28 wins since 1980.
- Rod Hall is ranked 8th in the ACC in assists.
- The Clemson basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than NC State (71% vs 60%).
- The Clemson blocks leader (K.J. McDaniels) has more blocks than the NC State blocks leader (C.J. Leslie).
- Clemson isn't as congested as Raleigh (population is significantly lower).
- K.J. McDaniels is ranked 9th in the ACC in steals and 3rd in the ACC in blocks.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|