Drake vs. Northern Iowa: Full Game Preview
|Drake||B Simons 14.7||J Clarke 7.0||R Carter 3.9|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.5||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.4|
On Sunday, Northern Iowa hosts Drake at McLeod Center. It gets started at 3:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Panthers are 7-2 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. The last time they met (1/22/2012) they won 66-52.
Drake and Northern Iowa are tied for 7th in the conference.
In their last game, Anthony James put up 25 points and 6 rebounds in the Panthers 79-68 loss to Creighton on January 15th. He leads the team with 12.5 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Chris Hines finished with 21 points in the 83-69 win over Evansville on January 16th. He contributes 2.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.3 points per game.
- Even computers respect Northern Iowa more. We have a better RPI this season than Drake (RPI: #93 vs #201).
- Northern Iowa takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Drake (5 vs 1).
- We just win. Northern Iowa has more wins over the last 5 years than Drake (118 vs 96).
- Marc Sonnen is ranked 2nd in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers.
- Cedar Falls isn't as congested as Des Moines (population is significantly lower).
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Iowa has an average margin of victory of 12 over Drake in 34 wins since 1981.
- The Northern Iowa blocks leader (Jake Koch) has more blocks than the Drake blocks leader (Seth VanDeest).
- It must sting. Northern Iowa has blown out Drake by 20 points or more on 6 occasions since 1996.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northern Iowa has a stronger schedule than Drake this season (SOS Rank: #25 vs #160).
- Northern Iowa waxed Drake by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 22, 2012).
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||16||4||1||1||0||0||1|