|Furman||C Reddick 12.3||C Reddick 5.8||S Croone 4.3|
|UNC Greensboro||T Simpson 18.4||K McNeil 6.8||D Parker 3.2|
North Carolina-Greensboro plays host to Furman at Greensboro Coliseum on Sunday. The game tips off at 2:00 EST. The Spartans are 2-4 against the Paladins over the last four years. They fell 93-85 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
Furman is in 10th place in the SoCon and just behind 8th place North Carolina-Greensboro with a chance to catch up.
In a 71-52 dismantling of Wofford on January 16th, Trevis Simpson put up 19 points for the Spartans. With 18.4 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Paladins, Bobby Austin finished with 19 points in the 73-59 loss to Elon on January 17th. He contributes 2.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.2 points per game.
North Carolina-Greensboro has a statistical advantage over Furman in one significant category, scoring, where the Spartans have an edge over the Paladins, 73 points per game to 61 points per game.
- Kelvin McNeil is ranked 9th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Even computers respect North Carolina-Greensboro more. We have a better RPI this season than Furman (RPI: #335 vs #347).
- Drew Parker is ranked 10th in SoCon in assists.
- The North Carolina-Greensboro three-point leader (Trevis Simpson) has more three-pointers than the Furman three-point leader (Larry Wideman).
- North Carolina-Greensboro can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.7 per game vs 33.2 per game) than Furman this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. North Carolina-Greensboro has a stronger schedule than Furman this season (SOS Rank: #213 vs #325).
- The North Carolina-Greensboro scoring leader (Trevis Simpson) has more points than the Furman scoring leader (Colin Reddick).
- The North Carolina-Greensboro rebounding leader (Kelvin McNeil) has more rebounds than the Furman rebounding leader (Colin Reddick).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. North Carolina-Greensboro has come back to win after being down at half against Furman 4 times since 1999.
- North Carolina-Greensboro is better under pressure, and has defeated Furman in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
|D+||K. Van Dussen||27||8||3||3||1||0||2|