Nevada vs. Fresno State: Full Game Preview
|Nevada||D Burton 16.5||J Evans Jr 5.4||D Burton 2.8|
|Fresno State||T Johnson 10.7||K Foster 6.6||A Huddleston 1.8|
Fresno State plays host to Nevada at Save Mart Center on Saturday. It gets started at 10:00 EST. The Bulldogs are 3-6 against the Wolf Pack over the last four years. They lost 79-76 the last time they played (2/25/2012).
Fresno State is 6th in the Mountain West and Nevada is in 9th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 18 points and 6 rebounds by Tyler Johnson helped the Bulldogs to a 49-36 victory over Wyoming on January 16th. With 10.7 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Wolf Pack, Deonte Burton finished with 23 points in the 59-48 loss to Wyoming on January 12th. He puts up a team-leading 16.5 points per game, 2.8 assists per game, and 1.9 steals per game.
- Kevin Foster is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in rebounds.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Fresno State has a stronger schedule than Nevada this season (SOS Rank: #190 vs #273).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Fresno State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Nevada (3 vs 1).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Fresno State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Nevada (2 vs 1).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Fresno State has come back to win after being down at half against Nevada 4 times since 2000.
- Fresno State has a better scoring defense (59.2 allowed per game vs 71.1 allowed per game) than Nevada this season.
- Fresno State is better at defending the three (30.2% allowed vs 36.9% allowed) than Nevada this season.
- The Fresno State blocks leader (Robert Upshaw) has more blocks than the Nevada blocks leader (Jordan Burris).
- Allen Huddleston is ranked 9th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 5th in the Mountain West in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Fresno State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Nevada in 11 wins since 1981.
- Robert Upshaw is ranked 2nd in the Mountain West in blocks.
|C||Jerry Evans Jr||25||7||5||1||1||0||1|
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||29||7||5||1||1||1||1|