Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine: Full Game Preview
|Santa Clara||K Foster 19.7||M Trasolini 8.2||E Roguemore 6.3|
|Pepperdine||L Jackson 13.8||S Davis 7.2||C Willis 4.7|
Santa Clara heads to Firestone Fieldhouse on Saturday to take on Pepperdine. Tip-off is at 10:00 EST and you can see it on WCC Digital. The Broncos are 4-4 against the Waves over the last four years. They lost 63-57 the last time they played (2/23/2012).
Pepperdine is in 6th place in the West Coast and nipping at the heels of Santa Clara in 5th place.
In their last game, Kevin Foster put up 27 points and 10 rebounds in the Broncos 85-54 romp of San Francisco on January 17th. He contributes a team-high 19.7 points per game and 2.8 steals per game. The Waves were defeated by San Diego 62-50 on January 12th despite 9 points and 6 assists from Lorne Jackson. With 13.8 points per game and 1.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Santa Clara has a statistical advantage over Pepperdine in one significant area, scoring, where the Broncos have an edge over the Waves, 77 points per game to 62 points per game.
- Santa Clara has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.476 to 0.333).
- We just win. Santa Clara has more wins over the last 5 years than Pepperdine (85 vs 57).
- Kevin Foster is ranked 13th nationally in points, 13th nationally in three-pointers, 5th in the West Coast in assists, and 5th nationally in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Santa Clara has come back to win after being down at half against Pepperdine 4 times since 1998.
- Marc Trasolini is ranked 7th in the West Coast in points, 4th in the West Coast in rebounds, and 39th nationally in blocks.
- The Santa Clara scoring leader (Kevin Foster) has more points than the Pepperdine scoring leader (Lorne Jackson).
- The Santa Clara steals leader (Kevin Foster) has more steals than the Pepperdine steals leader (Caleb Willis).
- The Santa Clara assist leader (Evan Roguemore) has more assists than the Pepperdine assist leader (Caleb Willis).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Santa Clara has a stronger schedule than Pepperdine this season (SOS Rank: #176 vs #299).
|C+||R. Cowels III||25||10||4||1||2||0||1|
|D+||M. De Freitas||17||2||4||1||0||1||1|