Wisconsin vs. Iowa: Full Game Preview
|Wisconsin||J Berggren 12.9||R Evans 7.8||B Brust 3.1|
|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 15.0||A White 6.1||A Clemmons 4.2|
On Saturday, Iowa welcomes Wisconsin at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The game gets underway at 8:06 EST and it can be seen on Big Ten Network. The Hawkeyes are 3-3 against the Badgers over the last four years. The last time they met (2/23/2012) they won 67-66.
Wisconsin is in 1st place in the Big Ten and Iowa is in 9th place.
In their last match-up on January 13th, Aaron White put up 17 points and 6 rebounds as the Hawkeyes ran it up on Northwestern 70-50. On top of a team-high 6.1 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.3 points per game. For the Badgers, Ryan Evans put up 13 points and 8 rebounds in the 64-59 win over Indiana on January 15th. He averages 11.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.8 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Wisconsin performs well in turnover percentage at 14.2. This ranks 1st in the conference and 1st in the country.
- Iowa beat Wisconsin by 1 point the last time they played (Feb 23, 2012).
- Even computers respect Iowa more. We have a better RPI this season than Wisconsin (RPI: #88 vs #157).
- Iowa City isn't as congested as Madison (population is significantly lower).
- Iowa players are more experienced than Wisconsin players (11,094 minutes played vs 9,296 minutes played).
- You get an A for effort, but Iowa has emerged victorious against Wisconsin the last 2 times they've played.
- Roy Devyn Marble is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in points.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Iowa has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Wisconsin (8 vs 4).
- Anthony Clemmons is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in assists.
- The Iowa scoring leader (Roy Devyn Marble) has more points than the Wisconsin scoring leader (Jared Berggren).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iowa has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wisconsin (11 vs 2).