North Dakota State vs. Western Illinois: Full Game Preview
|North Dakota State||T Braun 15.2||T Wright 5.6||L Alexander 3.9|
|Western Illinois||T Parks 13.9||T Parks 9.4||C Clark III 4.4|
On Saturday, North Dakota State visits Western Hall to take on Western Illinois. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Bison are 5-4 against the Leathernecks over the last four years. They lost 58-53 the last time they played (3/4/2012).
North Dakota State is in 1st place in the conference and needs to hold off 2nd place Western Illinois.
In their last game, TrayVonn Wright put up 16 points and 7 rebounds in the Bison 78-40 romp of IUPUI on January 17th. On top of his scoring average of 9.7 points per game, he delivers 5.6 rebounds per game. For the Leathernecks, Terell Parks finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds in the 59-53 loss to South Dakota State on January 17th. He puts up a team-leading 13.9 points per game, 9.4 rebounds per game, and 2.7 blocks per game.
North Dakota State appears to have a key statistical advantage over Western Illinois in one area, scoring, where the Bison have an edge over the Leathernecks, 71 points per game to 62 points per game. The Four Factors in which Western Illinois stands out are free throw rate at 43.8 and effective field goal percentage at 52.7.
Western Illinois StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. North Dakota State has a stronger schedule than Western Illinois this season (SOS Rank: #191 vs #344).
- The North Dakota State scoring leader (Taylor Braun) has more points than the Western Illinois scoring leader (Terell Parks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? North Dakota State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 945) than Western Illinois, per the NCAA.
- The North Dakota State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Western Illinois (83% vs 64%).
- North Dakota State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (70.3 per game vs 60.5 per game) than Western Illinois this season.
- North Dakota State can actually jump, with more rebounds (35.0 per game vs 30.8 per game) than Western Illinois this season.
- TrayVonn Wright is ranked 3rd in the Summit League in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. North Dakota State has an average margin of victory of 13 over Western Illinois in 6 wins since 2007.
- Be afraid. North Dakota State has blown out more teams than Western Illinois this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- Lawrence Alexander is ranked 5th in the Summit League in assists.
- The North Dakota State three-point leader (Mike Felt) has more three-pointers than the Western Illinois three-point leader (Ceola Clark III).
|C+||Ceola Clark III||35||11||3||4||2||0||2|
|C||Don McAvoy III||28||8||4||2||1||1||2|