|Marquette||V Blue 13.7||D Gardner 5.4||J Cadougan 4.4|
|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 17.3||T Rubles 5.8||C Wright 3.7|
Cincinnati welcomes No. 25 Marquette to Fifth Third Arena on Saturday. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Bearcats are 2-3 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They won 72-61 on 2/29/2012 the last time they played.
Marquette is in 1st place in the conference and Cincinnati is in 4th place.
In a 75-70 triumph over DePaul on January 15th, Cashmere Wright put up 20 points and 7 assists for the Bearcats. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 3.7 assists per game and 1.9 steals per game. In a 69-62 victory over Seton Hall on January 16th, Davante Gardner put up 17 points and 5 rebounds for the Golden Eagles. He averages 13.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.4 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Marquette is strong in free throw rate at 43.2. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 27th in the nation.
- At least you keep showing up. Cincinnati has an average margin of victory of 11 over Marquette in 23 wins since 1982.
- Even computers respect Cincinnati more. We have a better RPI this season than Marquette (RPI: #26 vs #91).
- Cincinnati can actually jump, with more rebounds (45.3 per game vs 35.2 per game) than Marquette this season.
- Justin Jackson is ranked 9th in the Big East in blocks.
- Cincinnati has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.699 to 0.668).
- Cheikh Mbodj is ranked 19th nationally in blocks.
- The Cincinnati rebounding leader (Sean Kilpatrick) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner).
- Cincinnati waxed Marquette by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 29, 2012).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Cincinnati has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Marquette (8 vs 4).
- The Cincinnati scoring leader (Sean Kilpatrick) has more points than the Marquette scoring leader (Davante Gardner).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Cincinnati has a stronger schedule than Marquette this season (SOS Rank: #158 vs #225).
|D+||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|