San Jose State vs. New Mexico State: Full Game Preview
|San Jose State||J Kinney 20.6||C Cunningham 8.9||D Brown 4.5|
|New Mexico State||D Mullings 14.7||B Sy 6.9||T Watson 2.9|
On Saturday, New Mexico State plays host to San Jose State at Pan American Center. The game gets underway at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on AggieVision. The Aggies are 7-2 against the Spartans over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 79-68.
San Jose State and New Mexico State are packed together in the WAC, holding down 5th and 4th place, respectively.
In a 64-51 win over Utah State on January 17th, Bandja Sy put up 16 points and 7 rebounds for the Aggies. He is averaging 10.3 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.9 per game. The Spartans were defeated by Denver 73-37 on January 17th despite 6 points from David Andoh. He is averaging 0.9 points and 0.9 rebounds per game.
San Jose State StatSmack
- New Mexico State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on New Mexico State is 225 lbs compared to 212 lbs for San Jose State.
- Las Cruces isn't as congested as San Jose (population is significantly lower).
- You get an A for effort, but New Mexico State has emerged victorious against San Jose State the last 2 times they've played.
- New Mexico State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than San Jose State (3 vs 0).
- New Mexico State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on New Mexico State is 79.0 inches compared to 77.8 inches for San Jose State.
- People just expect us to beat you. New Mexico State has been the favorite 13 out of the last 17 times.
- New Mexico State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.604 to 0.357).
- Bandja Sy is ranked 6th in the WAC in rebounds.
- New Mexico State is better under pressure, and has defeated San Jose State in 3 out of the last 4 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. New Mexico State has come back to win after being down at half against San Jose State 4 times since 2005.
|D+||Terrel de Rouen||14||4||2||1||0||0||1|