|UC Irvine||D Starring 13.7||A Folker 6.5||A Young 3.9|
|UC Riverside||C Patton 11.6||J Fox 6.3||R Smith 2.7|
On Saturday, UC Irvine visits UC Riverside Student Recreation Center to take on UC Riverside. Tip-off is at 10:00 EST. The Anteaters are 3-5 against the Highlanders over the last four years. They lost 72-69 the last time they played (3/3/2012).
UC Irvine is in 2nd place in the conference, UC Riverside is in 9th place.
In a 92-65 beatdown of Cal State Fullerton on January 17th, Chris McNealy put up 21 points and 5 rebounds for the Anteaters. While contributing 3.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.5 points per game. The Highlanders were defeated by Long Beach State 91-82 on January 17th despite 21 points and 7 rebounds from Chris Patton. He leads the team with 11.6 points per game.
UC Irvine looks to have the advantage over UC Riverside in one significant area, scoring, where the Anteaters have an edge over the Highlanders, 71 points per game to 60 points per game. One category in which UC Riverside is especially proficient is defensive rebounding percentage at 72.2, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 48th nationally).
UC Riverside StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. UC Irvine has an average margin of victory of 9 over UC Riverside in 17 wins since 2000.
- Michael Wilder is ranked 5th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- UC Irvine has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.456 to 0.355).
- We just win. UC Irvine has more wins over the last 5 years than UC Riverside (76 vs 67).
- UC Irvine can actually jump, with more rebounds (43.6 per game vs 38.8 per game) than UC Riverside this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. UC Irvine has a stronger schedule than UC Riverside this season (SOS Rank: #102 vs #300).
- How does our back look? UC Irvine is ranked higher than UC Riverside in the Big West (#1 vs #6).
- Even computers respect UC Irvine more. We have a better RPI this season than UC Riverside (RPI: #141 vs #344).
- Daman Starring is ranked 10th in the Big West in points and 8th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- UC Irvine has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.8 per game vs 57.2 per game) than UC Riverside this season.
- UC Irvine is a better three-point shooting team (32.7% vs 25.9%) than UC Riverside this season.
|C||Will Davis II||23||7||6||1||0||2||2|