Kentucky vs. Auburn: Full Game Preview
|Kentucky||A Goodwin 15.2||N Noel 9.3||A Goodwin 3.6|
|Auburn||F Sullivan 17.8||R Chubb 7.8||J Wallace 3.8|
On Saturday, Kentucky visits Auburn Arena to take on Auburn. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Wildcats are 4-0 against the Tigers over the last four years. They won 68-53 on 1/11/2012 the last time they played.
Both teams share 3rd place in the SEC.
The 17 points and 5 rebounds by Kyle Wiltjer helped the Wildcats to a 75-65 victory over Tennessee on January 15th. He contributes 4.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.9 points per game. For the Tigers, Frankie Sullivan finished with 26 points and 9 rebounds in the 88-80 loss to Arkansas on January 16th. His 17.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Kentucky looks to have the advantage over Auburn in one significant area, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Tigers, 77 points per game to 69 points per game.
- It's only wins and losses, but Kentucky has a better overall record than Auburn this season (8-4 vs 5-7).
- Kentucky has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Auburn (2 vs 0).
- Archie Goodwin is ranked 5th in the SEC in points and 3rd in the SEC in assists.
- We win when it counts, too. Kentucky has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Auburn (22 vs 2).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Kentucky has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Auburn (38 vs 2).
- The Kentucky assist leader (Archie Goodwin) has more assists than the Auburn assist leader (Frankie Sullivan).
- We just win. Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than Auburn (150 vs 84).
- The Kentucky blocks leader (Nerlens Noel) has more blocks than the Auburn blocks leader (Asauhn Dixon-Tatum).
- Kentucky has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.805 to 0.493).
- Willie Cauley-Stein is ranked 3rd in the SEC in blocks.
- Kentucky takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Auburn (9 vs 1).
|D||Brian Greene Jr||13||3||1||1||1||0||1|