Cal Poly vs. UC Santa Barbara: Full Game Preview
|Cal Poly||C Eversley 15.4||C Eversley 6.9||J Johnson 4.6|
|UC Santa Barbara||A Williams 18.1||A Williams 10.3||N Garth 3.8|
Cal Poly heads to UCSB Events Center on Saturday to take on UC-Santa Barbara. It starts at 7:00 EST. The Mustangs are 1-8 against the Gauchos over the last four years. They lost 64-52 the last time they played (3/9/2012).
Cal Poly is 4th in the conference and UC-Santa Barbara is 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Mustangs were defeated by Pacific 77-55 on January 12th despite 13 points from Drake U`u. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.9 points per game. For the Gauchos, Alan Williams put up 28 points and 11 rebounds in the 66-59 win over UC Davis on January 12th. He leads the team in points with 18.1 per game, rebounds with 10.3 per game, and blocks with 2.4 per game.
UC-Santa Barbara StatSmack
- Cal Poly is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Cal Poly is 203 lbs compared to 193 lbs for UC-Santa Barbara.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Cal Poly has come back to win after being down at half against UC-Santa Barbara 3 times since 1996.
- Cal Poly has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (37% vs 48%).
- Kyle Odister is ranked 10th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- Cal Poly has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($29,306 vs $46,999).
- Jamal Johnson is ranked 6th in the Big West in assists.
- It's only wins and losses, but Cal Poly has a better overall record than UC-Santa Barbara this season (5-6 vs 4-8).
- Cal Poly has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($NA vs $17,768).
- Cal Poly has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than UC-Santa Barbara ($18,146 vs $25,920).
- How does our back look? Cal Poly is ranked higher than UC-Santa Barbara in the Big West (#1 vs #6).