|South Dakota||J Myles 15.4||T Gruis 5.9||J Myles 2.9|
|Oakland||T Bader 20.3||C Petros 8.3||D Mondy 5.3|
On Saturday, South Dakota visits Athletics Center Arena to take on Oakland. It starts at 6:00 EST. The Coyotes are 0-2 against the Golden Grizzlies over the last four years. They lost 84-77 the last time they played (2/25/2012).
South Dakota is in 5th place in the Summit League and would love to gain ground on Oakland, who sit in 4th place.
The Coyotes were defeated by IPFW 62-60 on January 17th despite 15 points and 7 rebounds from Trevor Gruis. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 5.9 while also putting up 11.6 points per game. In an 81-68 victory over Missouri-Kansas City on January 17th, Travis Bader put up 30 points for the Golden Grizzlies. He leads the team with 20.3 points per game. Oakland will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 41.9 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 38th in the country.
- Trevor Gruis is ranked 8th in the Summit League in rebounds and 9th in the Summit League in blocks.
- How does our back look? South Dakota is ranked higher than Oakland in the Summit League (#1 vs #4).
- The South Dakota blocks leader (Tyler Flack) has more blocks than the Oakland blocks leader (Corey Petros).
- Juevol Myles is ranked 5th in the Summit League in points, 9th in the Summit League in three-pointers, 7th in the Summit League in assists, and 3rd in the Summit League in steals.
- Karim Rowson is ranked 10th in the Summit League in steals.
- Casey Kasperbauer is ranked 5th in the Summit League in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Dakota currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 970) than Oakland, per the NCAA.
- Tyler Flack is ranked 39th nationally in blocks.
- South Dakota is a better free-throw-shooting team (78.3% vs 69.9%) than Oakland this season.
|D-||Lloyd Neely II||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|