|Sacramento State||J Dickson 14.2||K Veteto 6.5||D Garrity 5.1|
|Weber State||D Berry 13.9||J Bolomboy 9.1||D Berry 3.5|
Weber State welcomes Sacramento State to Dee Events Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST. The Wildcats are 8-0 against the Hornets over the last four years. They won 75-60 on 1/26/2012 the last time they played.
Weber State is currently in 1st place in the conference and Sacramento State is in 4th.
In an 83-70 win over Northern Arizona on January 17th, Kyle Tresnak put up 23 points and 8 rebounds for the Wildcats. He is averaging 12.0 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. For the Hornets, Mikh McKinney finished with 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 60-59 loss to Idaho State on January 17th. He averages 12.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game.
Weber State has a statistical advantage over Sacramento State in two key categories. The Wildcats should have an edge against the Hornets in field goal percentage, 50% to 41%. Weber State also has an advantage in scoring, 78 points per game to 68 points per game. A key area of strength for Sacramento State is free throw rate at 43.2, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 27th nationally).
Sacramento State StatSmack
- Davion Berry is ranked 9th in the Big Sky in points and 7th in the Big Sky in assists.
- The Weber State rebounding leader (Joel Bolomboy) has more rebounds than the Sacramento State rebounding leader (Konner Veteto).
- At least you keep showing up. Weber State has an average margin of victory of 15 over Sacramento State in 31 wins since 1996.
- Weber State is a better shooting team (50.2% vs 42.2%) than Sacramento State this season.
- Jordan Richardson is ranked 5th in the Big Sky in three-pointers and 10th in the Big Sky in assists.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Weber State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Sacramento State (1 vs 0).
- You get an A for effort, but Weber State has emerged victorious against Sacramento State the last 10 times they've played.
- The Weber State blocks leader (Kyle Tresnak) has more blocks than the Sacramento State blocks leader (John Dickson).
- Weber State is better under pressure, and has defeated Sacramento State in 8 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Weber State is better at defending the three (24.3% allowed vs 31.3% allowed) than Sacramento State this season.