|Kentucky||A Goodwin 15.2||N Noel 9.3||A Goodwin 3.6|
|Auburn||F Sullivan 17.8||R Chubb 7.8||J Wallace 3.8|
Auburn welcomes Kentucky to Auburn Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Tigers are 0-4 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 68-53 on 1/11/2012, the last time they met.
Both teams share 3rd place in the conference.
In spite of 26 points and 9 rebounds from Frankie Sullivan, the Tigers came up short 88-80 against Arkansas on January 16th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 17.8 points per contest. In a 75-65 victory over Tennessee on January 15th, Nerlens Noel put up 12 points and 9 rebounds for the Wildcats. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.3 per game, blocks with 3.9 per game, and steals with 2.8 per game.
Kentucky has a statistical edge over Auburn in one specific area, scoring, where the Wildcats have the upper hand over the Tigers, 77 points per game to 69 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Kentucky is strong in effective field goal percentage at 53.8. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 26th in the nation.
- Rob Chubb is ranked 6th in the SEC in rebounds.
- Auburn players are more experienced than Kentucky players (11,093 minutes played vs 6,387 minutes played).
- Auburn is a better free-throw-shooting team (69.9% vs 63.3%) than Kentucky this season.
- Frankie Sullivan is ranked 3rd in the SEC in points, 8th in the SEC in three-pointers, and 7th in the SEC in assists.
- Noel Johnson is ranked 10th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- The Auburn scoring leader (Frankie Sullivan) has more points than the Kentucky scoring leader (Archie Goodwin).
- Asauhn Dixon-Tatum is ranked 9th in the SEC in blocks.
- Auburn isn't as congested as Lexington (population is significantly lower).
|D||Brian Greene Jr||13||3||1||1||1||0||1|